Personal Injury / Accidents
If you have sustained any physical or psychological personal injury as a result of an accident that was not your fault, you are entitled to pursue a claim for compensation. If you have been involved in any of the following, contact Callan & Co. Solicitors today on 042 932 8053:
- Car accident
- Car accident involving uninsured or unidentified drivers
- Pedestrian / Cyclist accidents
- Falls in a shop / licensed premises / public place / workplace
- Accident at work
- Occupational injury
- Farm accident
- Accident while participating in sports or using a gym
- Injuries caused by defective products
- Accident while on foreign holiday
- Injuries as a result of medical treatment or a failure to diagnose
In addition to claiming for personal or psychological injuries sustained in an accident, you are entitled to claim for any out of pocket expenses you may have incurred. Examples of out of pocket expenses include your loss of earnings, medical treatment, physiotherapy, travelling and pharmacy expenses.
Since 2003, any person who has sustained a personal injury must apply to the Injuries Board to assess their matter. We will obtain the necessary reports and submit an application to the Injuries Board on your behalf. While personal injury actions may settle at the Injuries Board stage, many do not. If the matter does not settle in the Injuries Board, the Injuries Board will issue an “Authorisation” which allows you to proceed with your matter before the courts. Until an “Authorisation” is issued by the Injuries Board, it is not possible to proceed with your matter before the courts.
If you or a family member has been in an accident contact Callan & Co. Solicitors today on 042 932 8053.