DISABILITY AND EDUCATION LAW
Callan & Co. Solicitors are one of the leading firms in the areas of Disability Law and Education Law having been involved in several high-profile cases involving these issues.
What we can assist you with –
We can assist if you, your child or a family member has a disability, a special need or special education need. We can also assist you if you suspect that you, your child or a family member has a special need or disability but have not yet received a diagnosis.
Disability is broadly defined by the relevant legislation as “a substantial restriction in the capacity of the person to carry on a profession, business or occupation or to participate in social or cultural life by reason of an enduring physical, sensory, mental health or intellectual impairment”. We are frequently instructed by persons with the following disabilities:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Speech and Language Disabilities
- Mental Illness
- Learning Disabilities
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Hearing impairment
- Cerebral Palsy
- Visual impairment
- Inquest Verdicts;
- Physical disabilities
What types of issues can we assist you with –
We can assist with any Disability Law or Education Law matter however the following is a list of the most common issues that arise:
- Required services not being provided
- Delays in the provision of services
- Assessment of Needs issues, including delay
- Assessment of Needs Report not reviewed within 1 year
- Defective Service Statements
- Services not being provided in the time prescribed by the Service Statement
- Issues with reports from the National Council for Special Education
- Suspensions and Expulsions
- Section 29 Appeals
How we can help you –
If you, your child or a family member is not receiving the services required or not receiving the required services in a timely fashion, we can secure a Court Order compelling the HSE to provide the appropriate services.
Assessment of Needs / Service Statement –
If you have already received a Final Assessment Report or Service Statement, please contact our offices on 042 932 8053. We are happy to review these documents on your behalf in order to ensure they are compliant with the relevant legislation.
Get in touch –
If we can assist you with any of the above matters, please contact our offices on 042 932 8053.