Car Accidents/ Car Crashes
If you have been in a crash or an accident involving a vehicle, contact us without delay. We are one of the leading firms in the area of personal injuries litigation having secured several high-profile settlements and awards on behalf of our clients in recent years.
Types of crash or accident we can assist you with –
We can assist you with any type of crash or accident involving a car, a motorbike, a taxi, a van, a lorry or a bus. The following are the most common types of accident in which we receive instructions:
- Driver of a vehicle involved in an accident who wasn’t at fault.
- Passengers in vehicles involved in an accident.
- Passengers in taxis or busses involved in an accident.
- Pedestrians or cyclists that have been involved in an accident with a vehicle.
- Hit and run accidents.
- Accidents involving uninsured or unidentified drivers.
What to do if you have been involved in a crash or accident –
- Seek medical attention for your injuries – Even if believe that you have not been injured, it is always prudent to seek medical attention following an accident.
- Contact us on 042 932 8053 – We will guide you through the steps you are required to take.
- Report the accident to Gardai – If Gardai did not attend the scene of the accident, you must attend the Garda Station for the area where the accident occurred and make a formal report of your accident.
Personal Injuries Procedure –
- Consultation – Once you contact us, it will be necessary for us to hold a consultation with you in order to take a full account of the accident. We may require you to take some steps prior to our consultation, for example, we may require you to report the accident to Gardai if this hasn’t already been done.
- Post Consultation – If you do not have all of the necessary information to hand, we will obtain the information on your behalf from the relevant bodies, i.e. Gardai, the Motor Tax Office, etc. We will also write to your doctor requesting that they complete a medical report detailing the injuries you have suffered.
- Application – Your doctor will usually forward your completed medical report within a few short weeks. When we receive the report, we will hold further consultation with you for the purposes of reviewing your medical report and completing your application to the Personal Injuries Assessment Board (“PIAB”). Please note that since 2003, any person who has suffered personal injuries, is required to submit an application for compensation to PIAB.
- PIAB – Once PIAB receive your application they will commence the assessment process. If your matter does not settle at the PIAB stage, we will issue an serve Court Proceedings on your behalf.
Required Details –
In order to submit your application to PIAB, there are a number of details we require. Please do not worry if you do not have these details as we can obtain these on your behalf from the relevant authorities. It will however enable us to progress your matter if you have the following:
- Registration(s) of other vehicles.
- Name and address of driver(s) of other vehicle(s).
- Insurer and policy number of other vehicle(s).
- Garda Station where the accident was reported.
- Name of investigating Garda.
Contact Us –
If you have been in an accident or you have any queries regarding the above matters, contact us without delay on 042 932 8053.